BSA Eagle Projects & GSA Gold Awards
If you are attempting your Eagle Scout, Gold Award or other similar effort and you need a project we may have the one just for you! Camp Ho Mita Koda is looking to accomplish a number of projects that need organization, maybe a little fundraising, and plenty of helping hands to get them done. We have a variety of unique projects that you may want to consider or come in with your own idea. Projects are ongoing and we work very closely with you to help develop a budget, create a timeline, provide support, and so much more!
For more information on project availability or to work with Camp Ho Mita Koda on a project, please contact Roy Allison, Facilities Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential projects include…
- Fence Construction
- Walking Bridges and Trail Cutting
- Archery Pavilion
- Low Ropes maintenance and elements to be built
- Build a Gaga Pit
- Build 9 Square in the Air
- Boat Shed construction
- Cabin rehab
- Create bird watching ‘blind’ w/bench seating and install bird feeders in front of station, supply binoculars (PENDING)
- Buy/construct rocking chairs for picnic pavilion (Tractor Supply Company model)
- Help construct a 3-D archery range
- Repair & Repaint Picnic Tables
- Build Sod Furniture à Sofas, Chairs, etc.
- Build Hammock Havens à center pole with 8 to 12 poles in an outer perimeter to hang hammocks to the center pole (x6)
- Benches around Inspiration Point Camp Fire
- Posts in for ‘award stand’ pictures
- Website development
- Hammock Village construction
- Program development
- Permanent signage for camp (turn left, turn right, ‘slide in’ signs with railing)
- SO MUCH MORE!!!!