A sustainability initiative of Camp Ho Mita Koda
When our guests are here at camp, they are building communities, seeking understanding and connection with fellow T1D members, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
We know how important it is for facilities to be well maintained, to allow people to fully engage with their purpose. Here’s how you can help:
- Adopt a cabin as an individual, with your family, church group, organization, or any combination of ways!
- This commitment involves a yearly donation of funds that will support your adopted cabin to ensure that it remains up-to-date and source of pride.
- Additionally, adopting groups are highly encouraged to come out annually and assist with projects.
Camp Ho Mita Koda has served over 25,000 campers and staff, with countless rentals and guests all utilizing our cabins each and every year. If you love coming to camp, you are not alone! Together, we can maintain and improve our facilities for you, your children, and our community.
What needs to be done?
Our current cabins have been a defining fixture of Camp Ho Mita Koda for well over 20 years. After years of service, a variety of improvements and upgrades are desperately needed to ensure that they survive for many more years in the future. Here is a list of projects that need to be completed:
- Replace front and rear cabin door
- Replace front and rear screen door
- Purchase new, thicker mattresses
- Paint the exterior
- Install a new roof
- Paint the interior
- Replace shutters
- And much more!
How will I or my group benefit?
Your cabin will be adorned with a plaque of appreciation with your name/group name. We also honor all adopters on the camp website. Additionally, everyone who is involved with a cabin sponsorship is entitled to one night annually at Camp Ho Mita Koda to utilize the cabin.
Additionally, you or your group now has a service project to take pride and ownership in. The act of doing service together is a powerful way to share a connection. Valuable work is being done while your group is building bonds of community. If you feel like Camp Ho Mita Koda has provided you with positive experiences, this is your chance to give back
Multiple Ways To Be Involved
- Adopt a cabin with existing funds
- Work together as a team to raise the funds for your adoption
- Attend one or both camp work weekends (Fall & Spring)
- Tackle advanced projects for group members with special skills
To adopt a cabin of your very own, contact the camp office today at 440-739-4095 or Info@camphomitakoda.org
The Adopters Commitment
Friend of CHMK
$1,200 ($100 per month)
To maintain adoption at this level, adopters must renew annually.
This adoption level allows Camp Ho Mita Koda to start and complete multiple projects at once. Camp will prioritize work in your cabin, because we will already have funds in hand.
This donation allows your cabin to be fully refurbished immediately and becomes a priority each year to maintain the cabin at the highest level.